Life in the City


Monday I was at a Baket Ball game with my uncle after work. Interesting to get the experience and my uncle did a teriffic job with explaining to me everythig about the game and the traditions associated with it. The sillyest one was that the guys who raked the sand did the YMCA.
Tuesday Mom arrived, she is visiting for a few days. We had greek food for dinner in my neighorhood.
Wedesday I washed clothes and thought I would die of heat-stroke in the night as we had a power outage along with 100 000 other Queens residents. We could not have the AC on in the night and it was the hottest day of the year. Luckily our power came back on the next day, but about 50 000 people still-after 6 days- have no electricity. The electricity company has no idea (yes, still) why this happened and they lied to the city about how many people were without electricity. The red cross is literally two blocks away handing out food and dry ice to residents there who still have no power and fire-trucks go by our house several times every day. For a moment there I thought I had moved to a third world country.
Thursday I had beer with my co-workers at a Checz (Tjekisk) beer garden.
Friday my co-worker was late to work because there was a Tomakhawk misile (the ones they use to kill Iraqi`s) on the high way. It had fallen off during a slight colition when transported on a truck on the high way. After work I had the best asian food probably ever with a friend.
Weekend: Home styling with mom and eating many great meals out.Labels: Life in NYC, What I've been doing

<< Home