Easter in Washington DC and China experience
Spent Easter with a lovely family that is friends of my parents. They gave me the grand tour of DC. In great warm summer weather we saw all the sights including the White House. I was pretty surprised how small it was. There were five very cute children in the family and we hid Easter eggs in the garden for them. American kids get many many eggs full of cany…
Today I have been writing on the article about Snowboard fracture. Uncle and I went to a supermarket just a few blocks over. Coldn´t believe it, we walked right into China! Only Chinese customers and the food they sold… we had no idea what most stuff was. An amazing selection of pickled mini-fishes with their heads still on, all kinds of dumplings that you can possibly think of and yes, stinky durian fruit. After have stocked up with strange Chinese cookies and dead cheap vegetables we decided to have dinner in Flushing, an area in Queens that is pretty much like China, Chinese signs and people all over and Chinese grilled dead ducks hanging in the windows of the small restaurants. Was a true little trip to China today!
Labels: What I've been doing

<< Home