The first week in New York City

For you who didn't know, I just moved to NYC. Have only been here a week so far and have been doing the following things:
Hung with NYC skiers
Who said I have to ditch skiing when I moove to NYC?! I tell you, there are some really dedicated skiers in this city! Had a long walk with dad in Central Park on Saturday. Despite the poor snow-conditions, as you can see on this picture,

there was a skier in the park!
Hanging in the upper-east side
Had a really good week with dad! We stayed in a fabulous hotell in the richest area in NYC (as far as I know). Glamorous women in big furr-coats, one couldn’t get a tank-top in the stores aroud the hotell for less than 90 USD and I wanted to cry when my bag of breakfast-foods and a bit of fruit cost 36 USD. Just my kind of place.
Performances in schools
I tagged along dad who performed in Manhattan and Brooklyn schools. He talked and sung about Raoul Wallenberg, the Swedish hero who saved some 120 000 Jews from the Holacast. Very different schools! One economics school right around the corner from Wall-street with stuffy air and no windows, one school with only Chinese-Americans where half the students didn’t know English, the United Nations school with rich kids and the Wild-Cat academy where problem-kids went.
Networking, networking, networking
Have met several interesting Jewish people thruogh the Raoul Wallenberg foundation, talked some with Na Annan (Koffi Annans whife), she is amazing at wrist-waving and has a constant closed-mouth smile and is very beautiful and kind. Also met some people my age: Norwegian financial analysts and some crazy girls.
Total make-over
Trashy Tina goes business-lady! Did the last shopping to complete my new business-look. What do you think? Vince (my uncle whom I am very close to) got scared when he saw me!
Yell-o wrestling
Had a really good night out with the Norwegian financial analysts and some of their friends.
Had an even better night last night with some really crazy girls who took me to a bar where one of their friends were doing womens Yell-o wrestling (Yell-o is an American gelly desert)! I haven’t laughed so hard in my life! There was a ring full of Yell-o and two women at a time wrestling in it. The competitors were: ”The Bad Bitch”, ”The Naughty Nurse” who was a transvestite, ”The Incredible Slut” who was wearing a Superman-costume with an ”I” on it and ”The Bronx Zoo” who was a heavily tatooed 130 kilo woman in black tights under her leopard-robe. ”The Bronx Zoo” beat everyone, she just layed on top of them. I also lost my virginity at Karaokee-singing that night… Bon Jovi. Ok, I’ve said enough.
Coming up:
Off for Arizona and wedding preparations! My sister is getting married!!
Pictures from the Iran-skitrip are also on their way.
Labels: What I've been doing

<< Home